Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Baking & Cookie Tips


Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? Okay, if you're answering yes, please tell me and I'd be happy to give you a taste of my favorite recipe.


And if you don't like cookies, why not cookie dough? You have to like cookie dough. Smooth, sugary, vanilly cookie dough. You have to like it. It's so amazing. 




Well if you like cookies (the real thing or dough), you should like baking. Why not make cookies or any dessert the way you wanna make it?


I'm here to give you some tips on baking, since I love to bake and I know the ways that work best for myself. 


Okay, to start you off, I'm going to give you tips on...




Vanilla: What a delicious ingredient to add to cookies. You can tell a good cookie when you taste the vanilla on your tongue. Tip #1- I enjoy vanilla, so when I make desserts, especially cookies, I always add extra vanilla. There is definitely a difference when you add more. Believe me.  




Dry Ingredients: When you're dealing with dry ingredients, it's tough to measure the exact amount. Right? Wrong! In fact, it's very simple if you do it the right way. Tip #2- For me, that means scooping the ingredient up, making sure it's a little over the top, taking a knife, and slicing the access ingredient off. That's right! Oh, and Tip #3- Make sure you swipe all access ingredients off over a small bowl. That way, it will make it much easier for you to clean up! 




Baking Soda: This is a very simple tip, and it usually says it on the Baking Soda containers. Tip #4- Get a new box of Baking Soda every month. This makes fresher-tasting food, and you know we all love fresh food!






Eggs: Cracking eggs is kind of tough. Sometimes you mess up so badly you need to crack a completely new one! But this trick will help when it comes to making mistakes. Tip #5- Crack your eggs in a small, seperate bowl. This way, in case you do mess up (for example, dropping egg shells), you can just dump the egg and start over. You won't have to make the whole recipe over again!  



No comments:

Post a Comment