Monday, December 12, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

You’ll need your ingredients:
1 cups creamy peanut butter
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup light brown sugar
1¼ cups powdered sugar
4 cups milk chocolate chips (two 11.5-oz bags)
¼ cup vegetable shortening

Prepare your mini muffin tin and your pan. I used foil, not parchment paper, on my cookie sheet, only because I didn’t have any.

Melt your peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar over medium heat until melted and bubbling, just a little.


Add your powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.

Melt your chocolate chips with your shortening.

From there you fill your cups with a few teaspoons of chocolate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, drop in your peanut butter patties, fill with more chocolate, and refrigerate again. These aren’t the exact steps, I’m sorry, but I found this recipe on Brown Eyed Baker so you can just head on over there.


I found this adorable little tin at Hobby Lobby for I think like a buck or two. I layered my peanut butter cups over each other.

I made this little tag by cutting a “3 1/2” circle out of holiday scrapbooking paper and printing out another tag on the computer.

I tied red twine from The Twinery around the tin with the tag I made.

The gift went to my mom’s friend’s son who is sick in the hospital. With all of his strength and positivity about everything he is taking it very well.

Cute, right?

Bye, bye!







No comments:

Post a Comment