Monday, July 4, 2011

Red, White, and Blue!

Wow. First and foremost, let me say it has been a long time. And by a long time, I mean about 2 months! Where have you guys been? I’ve been going to boats and water parks and swimming classes and baking in the sun. You know what’s weird? I’ve been frying in the sun. A lot. And I still haven’t got the perfect tan of a model, but... hey, I’m working on it. It’s impossible for me not to be stressed during these summer months. I mean I have to recover from all those hard days of studying in the school year. So, blog what??
But Happy 4th of July! And lucky you, you get a nail idea! My cousin perfected my toenails on Wednesday and even between swimming in chlorine and toppling over on my feet in yoga class, they still managed to look decent. And without the safety of a top coat!
I know, laugh all you want at my flip-flop tan line. 

Aren’t they *adorbs*? (*adorable, for those *normies* who don’t speak teen*) (*Lisi Harrison’s words, not mine. Sorry, I’m on a Monster High phase right now*) My nails, unfortunately, I cannot say the same about. That polish has been chipping off since Friday.
See, this is pretty simple stuff you see here. No fancy tools (we’re no artists), but some talent.
  1. Begin painting all of your toenails white except the second-to-last one. Or the one right next to your pig-toe.
  2. Paint the toe left blank navy blue.
  3. Once you have done these steps with both feet, begin painting 2-4 stripes on each toe with white nail polish, ignoring the navy blue toe.
  4. Wait till the big-toe has dried and paint a small square in the left corner of it with the same navy blue polish.
  5. Use a silver or white nail pen and apply small dots to the navy blue toe and to the blue square on your big toe.
  6. Make sure all of your toes are dry before you apply a top coat.
  7. DO NOT FAN OUT YOUR TOES OR PUT THEM UNDER A FAN. THIS WILL DULL THE SHINE AND USE OF YOUR TOP COAT.
  8. Enjoy the complements you will get on those nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment